Wow! Summer’s pretty much over which is, as always, a bit of a bummer. But…I blooming love Autumn! It’s not too cold, it’s not too hot and the colours are absolutely, completely stunning; perfect for autumn photoshoot outfits!
An extra bonus of Autumn (for some of us mums) is the opportunity wrap up and add layers, rather than strip them off. Plus, autumn style can look super cool and trendy – boots, skinny jeans, warm coloured tops and amazing accessories like scarves and coloured gloves. Fabulous!
Here’s how to style your autumn family photoshoot. Let me be your inspiration.
As always, it’s always best to start with you either you, mum, or one of the girls in the family.
Why? Well, generally, a girl’s wardrobes will have clothes which have a wider variety of colours and accessories to compliment them. This means we can pick a colour palette based either on what you are comfortable wearing or on your little girl’s favourite dress! Perfect!
Once you know what you, or your girl, is wearing and so have your base colour, you are now able to mix and match other colours to create the rest of the family’s outfits. Sounds simple … until you try.
I totally sympathise! That’s why I’ve created this autumn family photoshoot outfit ideas blog.
This colour palette shows some fantastic colour schemes you could use as inspiration to create your colour scheme
If you read across the chart, you can see some great complimentary colours. I wouldn’t read down the chart though as I think the tones get very similar and then your wonderful family may merge in to one salmon, green or brown group. Always remember to break up the main colour with complimentary ones. Break up each the colours by throwing a cream top or bottoms on someone or sticking on a pair of jeans.
These are some combinations you might like to use as inspiration for you autumn photoshoot outfits:
Neutrals of beige, brown and fawn really compliment the bold dark browns and burnt oranges of these autumn photoshoot outfits.
Mix in the denim jeans and light scarves with the texture on the sued and leather boots, we have fabulous combination! The hair accessory is minimal yet effective.
I love this combination. The perfect match of brown shade and tones with super comfy and durable jeans.
Then a splash of colour with the very light turquoise! This colour splash can even be added to with complimentary coolers from the palette above.
This is cool combination as it actually doesn’t scream AUTUMN at you until you are on location and surrounded by all those fabulous colours.
The navy and blue in the dress and boys and dad’s shirt compliment the neutral fawn of the trousers. Add the splash of pink, or indeed any colour the compliments blue from the autumn palette, and you’ve got yourself great complimentary outfits that work perfectly for your Autumn family photoshoot in Harborough, Leicestershire or indeed anywhere!
Key Points for your autumn photoshoot outfits:
- Wear complimentary colours, not matchy matchy ones.
- Go for texture and comfort with styles and fabrics.
- Plan for the weather – sometimes layering works brilliantly with our brilliant British Summers. You can peel the layers off if its warm or put them on if there’s a chill.
- Don’t be afraid of bold patterns but keep them as a single piece of clothing in your outfit and make them large. Perhaps the pattern on your dress or top but keep everyone else pretty simple. Avoid tiny plaid, narrow stripes and little patterns.
- Stay away from extremes – too baggy and you’ll lose your shape. Too tight and you’ll feel uncomfortable and awkward. A happy medium is always good. For example tighter jeans or trousers with a looser top or vice versa.
- Remember to think about your shoes and the weather and location!
- Wear outfits that suit the environment of your location. A tuxedo in the woods is going to look out of place.
- Avoid neons – they make your skin a weird colour!
- Avoid writing and brand logos on outfits.
- Keep it timeless by avoiding obvious tends – your images are an investment. You want them hanging on your wall for many years to come without your outfits screaming the year they were taken.
We all know it, we are busy women. We may not be entirely confident in our appearance and we probably spend too much time comparing ourselves to whichever famous mums are in our Instagram or Facebook feeds.
But we can all have amazing pictures of ourselves and our families adorning our wall and providing memories that our children will always cherish.
This guide is a great start for your Autumn family photoshoot outfits in Harborough.
Created especially for those of us who think we don’t have a clue! Once you’re in the zone, I promise it’s not so bad. In fact, it’s actually really fun!
You Might Also Like
It’s hard to know what to wear to feel confident and comfortable at your maternity photoshoot. Here is my guide to maternity photoshoot outfits.
Put us in front of a camera, and it can bring our insecurities to the surface. Here are some great model worthy family photoshoot poses for your next shoot.
Do you display your family photoshoot as wall art? Here are two recent family photoshoots in Croydon, and how they are displayed as wall art in the home.